DISPOSING AND RECYCLING OF ELECTRICAL GOODS
How do I dispose of electrical goods that don’t work anymore or I just don’t want or need? What electrical goods can be recycled?
If it has an electrical cord or if it runs on batteries, DON’T put it in the bin, bring it to Tamala Park for recycling.
ALL types of electrical goods can be recycled at Tamala Park:
- Computers and anything associated with computers. Keyboards, mice, printers, scanners, faxes, hard drives, speakers, cameras, iPods, cables
- Televisions and other devices attached to the TV. Video recorder/players, DVD players, gaming consoles, hard drives, set top boxes, remote controls.
- Mobile phones
- White goods. Fridges, freezers, washing machines, tumble dryers, microwaves, washing machines, air conditioners
- Home appliances. Fans, toasters, electric frypans, vacuum cleaners, electric kitchen and home wares, power tools
- Battery powered toys. Remove batteries first
- Batteries. All types can be disposed of at Tamala Park. Dry celled batteries can be disposed of in one of the many community battery bins, see bin locations list
All these can be disposed of at Tamala Park for recycling.
See Fire Risk
for further information.