For more information about Tamala Park operations click here
The Education Centre is a focal point of interest for members of our community who wish to learn more about reducing the amount of waste they waste.
The Education Centre features displays, recycled products, Kneedeep the Frog, information packs, and tips on how to give new life to those old items lying around home.
School students enjoy exploring to find all our animals made of recycled products, while many others learn from the composting and worm farm displays.
- Waste disposal in the MRC region
- Bin systems
- Problematic wastes (e-waste, household hazardous waste)
- How the landfill works
- Landfill gas
- Aluminium cans, the importance of recycling
- Carbon cycle, waste its role in greenhouse emissions and global warming
- Dealing with your organics at home
- Earthworms and worm farming
- A ‘green’ garden
- Giving junk items a new lease of life
Morning tea or lunch at the tip?
You’re welcome to bring morning/afternoon tea or lunch to have at the education centre if you wish, as this will provide the opportunity to discuss where the waste produced goes to. MRC can provide tea and coffee for the teachers.