No Space or Time to Compost?
Do you: Have food scraps which you would like to compost but don't have a place or time to deal with them?
Live in a unit and don't have a garden to dispose of your food scraps?
If the answer is YES
and you would like to find out more follow some useful tips to divert food scraps away from your general waste bin!
- Ask your neighbours what they do with their organic waste and if they are interested in joining you in finding a solution to divert your food scraps!
- Contact a local school near you and check if they have a compost or a worm farm and are happy for you to drop off your food scraps
- Share a compost bin. Drop food waste off to someone close by who has the space! www.sharewaste.com may be able to help
- Contact your council to locate a community garden near you, they are always looking for more compost
- Use a pick up service for household food waste, contact www.kooda.com.au for a new approach to waste
- Use Social media like Facebook for help and advice, join Earth Carers North or Zero Waste + Plastic Free Living
- Collect your food scraps in a Bokashi Bucket, once full find a place to bury the contents.
For a printable version click here