To help encourage more Western Australians to collect and return their beverage containers, Containers for Change will provide a 10 cent refund for each eligible beverage container that is returned.
The Scheme aims to:
- Increase recovery and recycling
- Reduce litter and landfill
- Provide opportunities for social enterprise and benefits for community organisations
- Create opportunities for employment
- Complement existing collection and recycling activities for recyclable waste
Bag Drop Location
Bag Drop Off Facility Address -
1700 Marmion Avenue,
Tamala Park WA 6030
Refunds available electronic only
Which containers are eligible for a refund?
The scheme targets beverage containers most commonly seen as litter. The types of beverage containers covered in the scheme include plastic and glass bottles, liquid paperboard cartons, and steel and aluminium cans between 150 millilitres and three litres.
Examples of eligible beverage containers in the scheme include -
- Aluminium, steel, plastic (HDPE/PET), glass, liquid paperboard
- From 150 millilitres
- Purchased in WA
Ineligible Items -
Wine bottles, spirit bottles, milk bottles and cordial bottles
A more detailed list of eligible and ineligible containers is listed on the Containers for Change website click here to view.