Environmental Management and Monitoring Plan auditing and continual compliance
The Mindarie Regional Council operations a licenced facility under a Department of Environmental and Water Regulations, Part V licence. This licence is audited annually against how we operator our site. This audit process is necessary to:
- ensure that MRC continues to comply with its licence requirements;
- ensure the ongoing compliance with MRC’s environmental site management plan;
- assess the effectiveness of the environmental system and provides improvements to management, with regard to Statutory compliance and performance;
- identify additional areas of risk improvement opportunities; and
- provide the organisation with feedback to facilitate ongoing development and implementation of our operations.
Particular MRC environmental management strengths identified during a recent audit included:
- regulatory compliance audits;
- environmental awareness/induction process;
- employee and contractor awareness of environmental aspects/impacts, etc;
- chemicals (separation of dangerous goods);
- management of cultural heritage areas;
- management of dieback affected areas; and
- community consultation and education.