Mindarie Regional Council, through its Tamala Park Facility and the Resource Recovery Facility at Neerabup, aims to improve the quality of life of residents within the Region as well as the broader community.
The council is strongly committed to:
- Providing the community with a quality facility that ensures effective and environmentally sustainable waste management practices.
- Using leading technologies and best practice to continually improve efficiency, environmental strategies, and business performance.
- Providing customers with value for money.
- Engaging in planning and leadership in the waste industry within the Mindarie Region.
Our Services to Customers
We offer five key services to customers:
- Resource Recovery Facility - Our organisation has contracted BioVision 2020 Pty Ltd to process 100,000 tonnes per year of household waste, converting it into market-quality compost. This reduces the annual volume of the region's waste to landfill by 20%.
- Recycling / Reuse - Our people process recyclables and reusable items through either transfer to other users or on site resale. Customers are able to purchase some of these items at the Recycling Centre.
- Transfer Station Disposal - Our people coordinate the safe and sanitary disposal of waste, in accordance with the best appropriate practice, including reuse and recycling of suitable items for general community and smaller commercial customers. Our people also assist and educate customers on the appropriate methods to deal with waste.
- Landfill Disposal - Our people process dry household and commercial waste, using leading technology and practices, for local government and larger commercial customers
- Waste Education - Our Waste Education team undertakes a number of activities to encourage appropriate waste behaviour in the community. In particular we encourage people to keep hazardous materials out of the waste stream. Our message is to "reduce, reuse, recycle & dispose wisely."
Who are our Customers?
We believe that we have five main customer groups as follows:
- Communities of Local Governments using Tamala Park.
- Household and commercial customers.
- Government organisations.
- Our staff.
- Suppliers of goods and services.
Our Interactions with Customers
We wish to develop and maintain a co-operative and mutually beneficial relationship with our customers. We encourage our customers to assist us in our efforts to provide a quality and safe environment. We welcome feedback and suggestions from our customers on our services.
Customer Service Standards
We aim to provide a high quality, value for money service to our customers at all times. Our standards assist us in achieving this. We promise to:
- Provide a service which meets the customers needs;
- Always act in a courteous, friendly and professional manner; and
- Ensure the professional presentation of our people, facilities and equipment.
Please click here
to view Mindarie Regional Council's Public Customer Service Charter.